Monday, February 4, 2008

I am sick and tired...

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. This is the second cold I have had since late November. Why? I have to confess, I ate chocolate. That is right, I ate chocolate. Now my body is out of balance, all messed up and I am paying for it. Ugh! But it was so good. I love chocolate. The way it slowly coats your tongue and then your entire mouth. Coating it with the slick, sweet taste of chocolate. There is no aftertaste. There is only love at first bite.
Oh, to bathe in chocolate.
Sugar is believed to be one thing that turns off your immune system. And of course chocolate has tons of sugar in it. You couldn't eat it otherwise. So, now I am paying for having indulged in chocolate. I shut down my immune system just long enough to contract the bug that was going around. I can be in a villa full of barfing people for 5 days and not get the stomach bug, but then I did not eat sugar that week. I am not saying I will forever stop eating chocolate, in fact I know I won't stop eating chocolate. I may just be more careful who I am around if I choose to eat it. I will avoid sickos for a few days after eating it.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

That is news to me! I didn't know sugar slowed the immune system down.